- TypeTraining or Development Class
- Location Rwanda, Kigali, Rwanda
- Date 06-03-2023 - 10-03-2023
Course Title: Training on Enabling Smallholder Farmers in Producers Groups to Conform to Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures
Date: 30/01/2023 - 03/02/2023
Date: 06/02/2023 - 10/02/2023
Date: 06/03/2023 - 10/03/2023
Date: 03/04/2023 - 07/04/2023
Date: 29/05/2023 - 02/06/2023
Date: 05/06/2023 - 09/06/2023
Sanitary and phytosanitary measures have continued to attract considerable attention from African governments, because they pose significant challenges to smallholder farmers and agro-processors. In an attempt to promote access to regional and international markets, most regulatory standards seem not to take due cognizance of smallholder farmers" concerns in complying with SPS measures. A lot of agricultural produce are rejected in the international market because they don’t meet the international standards due to high residue levels. This course introduces participants to the importance of standards and quality systems for the agrifood sector in relation to the export market. It also offer proven solutions on how smallholder farmers in producers groups can overcome the challenges and constraints in conformity to sanitary and phytosanitary measures.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Understand the requirements for Pest Risk Analysis (PRA)
• Understand the documentation process of the PRA
• Competently facilitate international trade at producers group levels
• Create market transparency
• Promote quality agricultural production
• Improve producers’ groups profitability by exporting to the international market.
• Identifying differences between standards for a specific export market
• Make decisions regarding which export market to access
Who should enroll?
This course is intended for staff of agricultural organizations exporting to the international market as well as various other actors such as agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials, researchers, producer groups officials and policymakers working with a value chain that is intended to reach export markets.
Send an email to [email protected] to request a course training agenda
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money