Organization Name / Organize By
Training or Development ClassCategory
Training or Development ClassLevel
TRAINING COURSE ON WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
Start Date: 04/10/2021 End Date: 08/10/2021 for 5 days
Register online: https://bit.ly/30KVHwT
Organizer: DATA-AFRIQUE CONSULTANCY (www.data-afriqueconsultancy.org)
Course fee :USD 1,000
Water is a key driver of economic and social development while it has a basic function in maintaining the integrity of the natural environment. Managers whether in government or private sectors have to make difficult decisions to apportion the diminishing water supplies with the ever increasing demands. Drivers such as demographic and climatic changes further increase stress on water resources. The traditional fragmented approach is no longer viable and a more holistic approach to water management is essential. This training is therefore designed to aid in the management of water resources in a more efficient, equitable and sustainable ways.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Learn basic concepts in water resource management.
- Gain skills in participatory water management approach.
- Gain skills on water quality, its components, and interventions.
- Understand the causes of water resource conflicts and resolution measures.
- Gain skills on water supply waste management techniques.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for various Experts in Agriculture; Extension Officers, Agricultural officials and Decision makers working with local people, in governments, donor organization, Non-profit oriented organizations for Agriculture Development programs.
Basic concepts in water resources management
- Concepts of water resources management
- Global water trends and emerging issues
- Water for economic development
- Protection of precious water resources
- Cost effective technologies for minimizing water loss
- Water policy and regulation
- Climate change and its impact on water
Water Supply and Waste Management
- Supply schemes and distribution systems
- Water collection treatment and supply
- Water supply economics
- Waste Overview
- Waste management practices
- Environmental conservation and sanitation
Water quality management
- Parameters of water quality
- Human consumption water quality parameters
- Environmental Water quality and its parameters
- Components of water quality
- Water quality interventions and corrections
Participatory Watershed Management
- Introduction to participatory watershed management
- Effective participatory diagnostic approaches and tools
- Understanding the socio-economic environment at sites
- Role of indigenous knowledge on watershed management
- Farmers’ criteria for land potential assessment and prescription of land management options
- GIS analogy as used in farmer- participatory planning
- Factors dictating farmer decisions
- Policy aspects and Monitoring impact with farmers
Water resource use conflict management
- Water as cause, tool or target of conflicts
- Classification of water conflicts
- Resolution measures
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: [email protected]
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: [email protected]
Registration Fees Details
BEST WESTERN MERIDIAN HOTEL