- Location Pretoria, South Africa
- Date 12-06-2023 - 16-06-2023
Course Venue: Pretoria, South Africa
Duration: 5 Days
12/06/2023 - 16/06/2023: CLICK HERE
Fee: $ 950
You can email as through [email protected] vitalextralearning.com or contract through +234(0)803 806 6705 / +254 707 053 111
The development process does not necessarily reduce vulnerability to natural hazards. Instead, it can unwittingly create new forms of vulnerability or exacerbate existing ones, impeding efforts to reduce poverty and promote growth, sometimes with tragic consequences. ‘Win-win’ solutions for securing sustainable development, reducing poverty and strengthening hazard resilience, therefore, need to be explicitly and actively sought, particularly as climate change looks set to increase the incidence of droughts and floods and the intensity of windstorms. Such solutions are best derived by integrating disaster risk reduction strategies and measures within the overall development framework, viewing disaster risk reduction as an integral component of the development process rather than as an end in its own right. This course does not just revolve on disaster risk reduction, but expound on useful assessment and analysis tools.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Appreciate on the need for humanitarian interventions which are sensitive to development goals
• Collect and using information on natural hazards
• Understand proven poverty reduction strategies
• Appreciate the project cycle management in disasters
• Use logical and results-based frameworks for disaster risk reduction, assessment and analysis
• Conduct environmental assessment, economic analysis as well as vulnerability and capacity analysis
• Understand sustainable livelihoods approaches for disaster risk reduction
• Conduct social impact assessment
• Model construction design, building standards and site selection
• Evaluate disaster risk reduction initiatives
Who should enroll?
This course is ideal for professional working in the management of disasters including decision makers, planning officials, governmental officials, and NGOs committed to disaster management. The course accommodates participants from all nationalities.
Send an email to [email protected] to request a course training agenda
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money