- TypeTraining or Development Class
- Location Nairobi, Kenya
- Date 01-08-2022 - 05-08-2022
TRAINING COURSE ON GRANT MANAGEMENT AND FUNDRAISING
Register online: https://cutt.ly/7A4975d
Organizer: KINCAID DEVELOPMENT CENTER (www.kincaiddevelopmentcenter.org)
Course fee: USD 1000
Fundraising and grant management course is essential in the daily life as it helps in loan and grants management provided by financial institutions. Additionally, knowledge on how to raise funds meant for funding various activities such as education, hospital bills among others will be acquired. Therefore, this course will impart the interested parties with knowledge and skills on how to improve program and public accountability, efficiency and outcomes for beneficiaries.
The course is based on a participatory, active learning approach, with an emphasis on critical reflection and peer-to-peer learning. The course instructor will provide individualised feedback where appropriate. Participants will do the required readings, prepare interim and final assignments and participate in group discussions.
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive Certificate of Participation.
By the end of the course, the participant should be able to:
· Develop organizational fundraising strategy, completive funding proposal, use log frame and other proposal writing, costing and budgeting tools
· Develop and apply various skills and tools of grant management and fundraising
· Identify and understand the critical terms and conditions of grant aid for donor-funded projects
· Ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions
· Understand the donor requirements in relation to supporting documents, correct procurement of goods and services and meeting financial reporting requirements
· Understand proposal writing, project planning and problem analysis
· Prepare a donor financial report to match with a project narrative report
· To design and use various fundraising approaches and methods in fundraising, types of funds and funding frameworks.
· Handle funds appropriately to avoid embezzlement
This course will take 5 Days to complete.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course will mainly target the members of the society who have general knowledge on finance management skills, education, and business.
· Introduction to the basic concepts of grant management
· Key challenges in grant management
· The grant management life cycle
· Project Planning
· Project problem analysis
· Grant Award Contract
· The flow of donor funds
· Assessing the terms and conditions in grant agreements
· Grant agreements, and accounting and procurement systems
· Complying with donor reporting requirements
· Cost Share/ Matching costs
· Procurement Procedures
· Grant Reporting,
· Financial Documentation and Reporting
· Documentation, Internal Controls; Audit, Narrative Reporting, Partnerships & consortia management, Donor Compliance
· The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
· The participants should be reasonably proficient in English as all facilitation and course materials will be offered in English.
· Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· The training will be held at Kincaid Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
· All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training coordinator at Email: [email protected] or Tel: +254 724592901
· This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our Kincaid Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 724592901 or send mail to [email protected]
Payments are due upon registration. Payment should be sent to our Bank account before commencement of training and proof of payment sent to [email protected]