Organization Name / Organize By
Training or Development ClassCategory
Training or Development ClassLevel
TRAINING COURSE ON FOOD SECURITY, SAFETY AND QUALITY
Start Date: 04/10/2021 End Date: 08/10/2021 for 5 days
Register online: https://bit.ly/32ehAol
Organizer: DATA-AFRIQUE CONSULTANCY (www.data-afriqueconsultancy.org)
Course fee :USD 1,000
Food security exists when all people have physical and economic access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food that meets their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life at all times. Food insecurity, on the other hand, is part of a continuum that includes hunger (food deprivation), malnutrition (deficiencies, imbalances, or excesses of nutrients), and famine. This training program is therefore designed to act as a guide on how to ensure access to safe and quality food is one of the human rights as well as a sustainable development goal.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Understand basic skills in food security, safety, and quality.
- Understand the classification of food into different food groups.
- Understand what constitutes an adequate diet and optimal feeding to children.
- Understand the relationship between nutrition and health.
- Gain skills in cross-cutting issues in food security, quality, and safety.
- Understand the role of technology in the realization of food security, quality, and safety.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for various actors in Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture.
Module 1: Food & Nutrition Security
- Food, nutrition, and nutrients
- Balanced diet and child feeding
- Food and nutrition security
- Challenges in attaining food security
Module 2: Nutrition & Health
- Causes of under nutrition
- Forms of under nutrition
- Wider impact of under nutrition
- Family and community prevention of under nutrition
- Tips for optimal infant and young child feeding
- Nutrition during pregnancy & breastfeeding
- Food security and nutrition with a focus on HIV-affected households
- Disease prevention & sanitation and hygiene
Module 3: Food Safety, Storage & Preservation
- The concept of food safety and hygiene
- Food storage and preservation
- Food safety programs
- Interpretation and application
- Food premises and equipment
- Food poisoning
- Food defense and emergency response
Module 4: Food Quality
- General concepts of food quality management
- Quality control process characteristic to agri-food production
- Classifications of quality systems
- Quality assurance
Module 5: Cross-Cutting Issues
- Linking food aid and pro-poor growth
- Food security and the human right to food
- Responding to the challenges of climate change and its linkages to food security and nutrition
- Mainstreaming food security and nutrition in poverty reduction strategies/policies
- Closing the gap – linking food security information to effective decision-making
Module 6: Technology application in Food &Nutrition Security
- ICT and Mobile technology application in food and nutrition security
- Integration of GIS and RS in food & nutrition security
- Food biotechnology and emerging nutritional diseases
- Nutritional biostatistics, data analysis, and decision making
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: [email protected]
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: [email protected]
Registration Fees Details
BEST WESTERN MERIDIAN HOTEL