- Location Pretoria, South Africa
- Date 06-03-2023 - 10-03-2023
Course Venue: Pretoria, S/Africa
Duration: 5 Days
06/03/2023 - 10/03/2023: CLICK HERE
Fee: $ 950
You can email as through info@ vitalextralearning.com or contract through +234(0)803 806 6705 / +254 707 053 111
This course emphasizes an all-hazards approach, demonstrating that many principles apply to disasters of all kinds, regardless of specific mechanism. Disaster Management is the organization and management of resources and responsibilities for dealing with all humanitarian aspects of emergencies, in particular preparedness, response and recovery, in order to lessen the impact of disasters. The first to respond to a disaster are the people affected, the national authorities and national organizations. This course aims to strengthen the capacities of stakeholders in disaster management and emergency preparedness.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Explain the characteristics and impacts of disasters and complex emergencies.
• Analyses how vulnerabilities and capacities affect the resilience of communities to disasters.
• Describe the different phases of disaster management and the key activities for each phase.
• Explain the links between disaster management and disaster risk reduction.
• Identify the international legal instruments, humanitarian principles, codes and standards which guide disaster management.
• Describe and apply disaster management tools.
• Identify the roles and responsibilities of different actors in disaster management and analyses how they can work together in a coordinated manner.
• Prepare a disaster management contingency plan.
Who should enroll?
This course is suitable for people with responsibility for disaster management in line ministries, national non-governmental organizations and community based organizations.
Send an email to [email protected] to request a course training agenda
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money