- Location Kigali, Rwanda
- Date 30-01-2023 - 03-02-2023
Course Venue: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: 5 Days
30/01/2023 - 03/02/2023: CLICK HERE
Fee: $ 950
You can email as through [email protected] vitalextralearning.com or contract through +234(0)803 806 6705 / +254 707 053 111
Contingency planning (also referred to as response planning) is a critical activity for organizations and communities to prepare themselves to respond well to a disaster event and its potential impacts. Contingency planning aims to prepare an organization to respond well to an emergency and its potential humanitarian impact. Developing a contingency plan involves making decisions in advance about the management of human and financial resources, coordination and communications procedures, and being aware of a range of technical and logistical responses. Such planning is a management tool, involving all sectors, which can help ensure timely and effective provision of humanitarian aid to those most in need when a disaster occurs. Time spent in contingency planning equals time saved when a disaster occurs. Effective contingency planning should lead to timely and effective disaster-relief operations. Contingency planning is one component of a much broader emergency preparedness process and is included within business continuity programing alongside operational continuity, disaster recovery planning, policy creation, established processes, and more.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Understand the need for contingency planning
• Know the major components of contingency planning
• Create a simple set of contingency plans, using business impact analysis
• Prepare and execute a test of contingency plans
• Understand the unified contingency plan approach
Who should enroll?
This course is strongly recommended for economic planners, disaster management officials/professionals and contingency planners.
Send an email to [email protected] to request a course training agenda
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money