- TypeTraining or Development Class
- Location Pretoria, South Africa
- Date 13-02-2023 - 17-02-2023
Course Title: G.I.S. and Remote Sensing for Mapping and Visualization in Agriculture and Climate Change - Practical Approach
Date: 23/01/2023 - 27/01/2023
Date: 13/02/2023 - 17/02/2023
Date: 13/03/2023 - 17/03/2023
Date: 10/04/2023 - 14/04/2023
Date: 15/05/2023 - 19/05/2023
Date: 12/06/2023 - 16/06/2023
Agricultural and climate change intervention projects and programmes may fail to achieve the required outcomes and impacts due to non-use of GIS and remote sensing technology. A geographical information system (GIS) is a collection of hardware software, and procedures to collect, manage, retrieve, manipulate, analyze and display spatial data. Remote sensing is the acquisition of information about an object or phenomenon without making physical contact with the object and thus in contrast to on-site observation, especially the Earth. This training workshop will equip participants with handy skills for use in spatial and Earth Observation (EO) as a tool to integrate knowledge about climate change, agriculture, and food security in a meaningful and innovative way.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Use GIS as monitoring tool for projects and programmes activities in agriculture and climate change setup.
• Familiarize with spatial data availability
• Appreciate the role of spatial data infrastructure (SDI) in agriculture and climate change setup
• Use participatory GIS (PGIS) at community level
• Conduct agriculture and climate change modeling using GIS
• Collect data using Mobile data gathering tools
• Integrate GIS within new and existing activities in agriculture and climate change.
Who should enroll?
The course is useful for professionals who use spatial data as part of their work and who need to make decisions from such data. Such professionals include: Agricultural specialists, M & E practitioners, rural development workers, program managers and students among others
Send an email to [email protected] to request a course training agenda
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money