- Location Nairobi, Kenya
- Date 02-10-2023 - 06-10-2023
Course Name: Disaster Management and Emergency Preparedness using All-Hazards Approach
Date and registration link:
Date: 02/10/2023 - 06/10/2023:http://bit.ly/3IzvSqH
+234 (0) 8038 066705,
Email: info@ vitalextralearning.com
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Explain the characteristics and impacts of disasters and complex emergencies.
• Analyse how vulnerabilities and capacities affect the resilience of communities to disasters.
• Describe the different phases of disaster management and the key activities for each phase.
• Explain the links between disaster management and disaster risk reduction.
• Identify the international legal instruments, humanitarian principles, codes and standards which guide disaster management.
• Describe and apply disaster management tools.
• Identify the roles and responsibilities of different actors in disaster management and analyse how they can work together in a coordinated manner.
• Prepare a disaster management contingency plan.
Who should enroll?
This course is suitable for people with responsibility for disaster management in line ministries, national non-governmental organizations and community based organizations
Send an email to [email protected] to request a course training agenda
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money