Organization Name / Organize By
Dayna J Reum
Both (Technical & Non Technical)
All (State/Province/Region, National & International)
IRS has an updated Form W-2 with key changes payroll professionals and employers need to know for timely and accurate filing. You must furnish Copies B, C, and 2 of Form W-2 to your employees by January 31, 2023.
If you believe you will miss the deadline, you can request a 30-day extension from IRS. However, the extension is not automatic and will only be granted in "extraordinary circumstances or disaster."
This important, 60-minute program will provide the seasoned professional with information on new legislation that needs to be addressed. We’ll also assist those new to filing Form W-2 with a box-by-box look at what must be reported and how.
Join the webinar to discover:
- An in-depth look at the new W-2 reporting deadlines for 2022
- Updates to how employers electronically report the W-2 forms
- Reporting of FFCRA qualified leave and extension of credits in 2022
- Latest SSN truncation rules from the IRS for Form W-2s
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
January 31st is the deadline to file W-2 using Business Services Online or to submit paper Form W-2. It’s important for the employers to send W-2s to their employees and file them to SSA before the W-2 deadline otherwise heavy penalties for late submissions or wrong information will be imposed.
The penalties range from $50-$580 per missed W-2 tax form, depending on how late the forms were submitted.
This webinar will equip you with everything you need to know in order to accurately file the Form W-2 for 2022. We’ll answer your most pressing questions about year-end filing, walk you through rule changes, and review pertinent IRS updates.
This program will go through:
- Updated legislation impacting the new Form W-2
- How to report FFCRA leave on the W-2 in 2022
- Understanding the changes to Social Security taxation
- W-2 requirements for 2022 reporting
- Form W-2 box by box review
- Understanding the Form W-2 codes
- State by state discussion of special W-2 considerations
- Year-end and W-2 best practices to ensure compliance
- How to complete an audit of the Form W-2 before releasing to your employees
- Validating totals between the 941 and the W-3/W-2
The webinar will also address key questions employers are asking such as:
- How do I avoid getting a notice from the IRS?
- How do I make sure I have zero to very little W-2C?
- When do I use codes in Box 12 and are they required?
- How do we handle the SSN Truncation in states for 2022 on the W-2?
- How do I Properly report the Sick and Family leave credits due to COVID-19 on the Form W-2
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- CEOs, Company / Business Owner
- Accounting professionals who are involved in the processing of Form W-2
- Payroll Supervisors and Personnel
- Payroll Consultants, Payroll Service Providers
- Public Accountants, Internal Auditors
- Tax Compliance Officers, Tax Attorney, Tax Managers
- CPA (Industry), CPA - Mid Size Firm, CPA - Small Firm,
- Enrolled Agents, Compensation Professionals, Employee Benefits Administrators
- Officers and Managers with Payroll or Tax Compliance Oversight
- HR Personnel, Team Leaders, Senior HR Professionals, HR Managers & Directors,
- Public Agency Managers, Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
Registration Fees Details
$199 to $799