- Location Nairobi, Kenya
- Date 05-09-2022 - 09-09-2022
Climate-smart agriculture (CSA) is an integrative approach to address the challenges of food security and climate change by sustainably increasing agricultural productivity and incomes, adapting and building resilience to climate change and reducing and/or removing greenhouse gases emissions, where possible. Modern technologies and advances in the agriculture sector, such as inorganic fertilizers, pesticides, feeds, supplements, high yielding varieties, and land management and irrigation techniques have been proved as vital in increasing production. This course expounds on how climate-smart technologies and practices can be implemented with minimal challenges to support food security under the new realities of climate change.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Conduct participatory evaluation of CSA technologies and practices
• Develop, use and adapt research methods to fill gaps in evidence on climate-smart agriculture
• Appreciate Evidence, investment planning and application domains for CSA technologies and practices
• Make informed choices for climate-smart agriculture-related programming
• Evaluate the business models, incentives and innovative finance for scaling CSA
• Implement successful scaling-up strategies for CSA
• Use GIS and Remote sensing technology in CSA
Who should enroll?
This course targets participants working in agriculture research and climate change. The course is also suitable for government and NGO staff with projects in climate change.
Send an email to [email protected] to request a course training agenda
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money