Publish / Maintain / Marketing / Hosted By
Organization Name / Organize By
Both (Technical & Non Technical)
All (State/Province/Region, National & International)
Exton, Pennsylvania, United States
Discussions, presentation, and webinars regarding HIPAA regulations are usually addressed from the perspective of what the regulations entail, the necessity of compliance with the regulations, and the consequences of willful neglect or non-compliance.
This presentation addresses HIPAA regulations from a different perspective – from a personal perspective – from the perspective of the person in charge of moving an organization or facility toward full compliance with HIPAA. The by-product of this presentation will be both an understanding of, and a detailed job description for, a position mandated in the regulations – the HIPAA Security/Privacy Officer.
- Position goals
- Position requirements (education, experience, skill sets, etc.)
- Stay abreast of regulations
- Initiate compliance with HIPAA (according to regulations)
- Ensure continuous progress toward full compliance
- Develop appropriate security/privacy policies & procedures
- Oversee and deliver appropriate training programs to all employees
- Track compliance with HIPAA regulations at the facility & individual levels
- Track access to PHI
- Investigate and resolve HIPAA violations
- Apply sanctions to HIPAA violators
- Manage any information security personnel
Who will benefit?
This webcast will be of a valuable assistance to the below audience.
- Someone interested in becoming a HIPAA Security/Privacy Officer
- Someone who will make the decision for hiring a person for this position
- Practice/Hospital Administrators
- MDs and Healthcare Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Facility Managers
- Business Associates of healthcare facilities
- Any person who deals directly or indirectly with PHI