Publish / Maintain / Marketing / Hosted By
Organize and Presented By
Indepth Research Services
Training or Development Class Category
Both (Technical & Non Technical)
Training or Development Class Level
Event: Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Mombasa, Kenya
Event Date: 25th – 29th June 2018
This five-day course is aimed at strengthening participants’ knowledge and skills related to the use of software applications to investigate communicable disease outbreaks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is open to all researchers and health practitioners with interest in the application of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) within healthcare.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to;
- To create an electronic entry form from a paper questionnaire
- To enter merge, validate and clean data, manage datasets
- To create epidemic curves and work with dates and times in Epidata or Excel
- To map epidemiological data
- To calculate study power and sample size for various study designs
- To randomly select controls
- To carry out analysis for cohort and case-control studies, including stratified and multivariable analysis
- To produce a report of the outbreak study, interpreting results of the various analyses.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to outbreak investigation, cohort and case-control studies
- Creation of a questionnaire
- Data entry and validation using EpiData
- Descriptive analysis of epidemiological data using Excel/Stata
- Time series analysis; epidemic curve using Excel/Stata
- Analysis of place characteristics; mapping of cases using QGIS
- Bivariate analysis of epidemiological data using Stata
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Course
- Microsoft Excel for Human Resource Professionals Course
- Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals Course
- Advanced Excel Course
- Microsoft Access Training Course
- Micro Finance for Rural Development Course
The most popular courses
- Agriculture, Innovation and Technology Course
- Foodborne Illness and Food Hygiene Course
- Qualitative Data Management and Analysis with NVIvo (Concept & Approaches) Course
- Proposal Preparation Using the Logical Framework Approach Course
- Shelter & Settlement Planning Course
- GIS and remote sensing in multi hazard early warning systems Course
View course catalogue in ICT4D and Mobile Technologies Institute
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email email@example.com or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer Email:firstname.lastname@example.org. Mob: +254 715 077 817
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B.18th June 2018
Send proof of payment to email@example.com