Organization Name / Organize By
Upskill Development Institute
Upskill Training Department
Training or Development Class Category
Both (Technical & Non Technical)
Training or Development Class Level
All (State/Province/Region, National & International)
CLICK ON THIS LINK to view course content and register to attend
This course is designed to enable those involved with grant management to become efficient and effective in the acquisition and utilization of funds for development purposes, using appropriate techniques and application of accounting and finance principles.
Who should attend?
Finance Directors, Finance Managers, Procurement Directors, Procurement managers, Procurement officers, Administrators, Project officers, Budget Accountants, Auditors, Chief Accountants, Credit Controllers
- Identify and assess the critical terms and conditions of grant aid for donor-funded projects
- Ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions
- Providing supporting documents
- Procurement of goods and services; and meeting financial reporting requirements
- Use a grant schedule to managing multiple-funded programmes
- Prepare a donor financial report to match with a project narrative report.
- Describe the four phases in the grant management cycle
- Clarify key responsibilities and routines needed for successful grant management
- Describe the impact of foreign exchange on grant management
- Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant.
- Use of Quickbooks and Excel in management of grant
- Key challenges in grant management
- The grant management life cycle
- Responsibilities and routines in grant management
- The flow of donor funds
- Assessing the terms and conditions in grant agreements
- How grant agreements impact on accounting and procurement systems
- Complying with donor reporting requirements
- Managing multiple-donor funded projects
- Managing key relationships for successful grant management
- Advance QuickBooks in grant management
- Advanced excel formulas and functions for grant management
- Excel chart in depth for grant presentation
This course will be delivered by our skilled trainers who have vast knowledge and experience as expert professionals in the fields. The course is taught in English and through a mix of theory, practical activities, group discussion and case studies. Course manuals and additional training materials will be provided to the participants upon completion of the training.
This course can also be tailor-made to meet organization requirement. For further inquiries, please contact us on: Email: [email protected] Tel: +254 721 331 808