Bala Prathiva Utsav is a National Level Competition conducted by Urise Vedic Sangeetha Academy (UVSA), annually. This is the 18th year in succession.
After the continued success of this event since the last 17 years, we once again bring to you a celebration in commemoration of the Great Saints and Vagekaras, Saint Purandaradasa, Saint Muthuswami Dikshidhar, Saint Shyama Shastri and Saint Thyagaraja
COMPETITION DATE - 09th February, 2020
COMPETITION VENUE - JGRV School, Kalyan Nagar, Bengaluru.
LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATIONS
30th January 2020
SPOT REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN FOR THE FOLLOWING COMPETITIONS ONLY :-
- Art - Coloring/Drawing/Painting
- Spell Bee
- Pick & Speak
For MUSIC and DANCE competitions, depending on the number of registrations, there would be an elimination
round that will be conducted on February 2nd, 2020. This will be intimated to you latest by Jan 26th, 2020.
Category A - Coloring
Category B - Drawing
Category C – Abstract
• For Category A the picture will be provided at the venue, by us.
• For Category B, the topic will be informed 1 week prior to the competition.
•For Category C, the topic will be given on the spot.
ALL Participants are requested to bring their own material/stationery.
2. VOCAL MUSIC COMPETITIONS
Category A - Any Geetham OR Nottu swara OR Devarnama OR Namavalli (Bhajan).
Category B - Any Thana varnam OR Lakshana Geetham OR Swarajathi OR Dasa Pada
Category C – Any Atta Thala Varnam OR Ragamalika Varnam OR Krithi by the trinity OR any intricate Dasa Pada.
Category D - A Ragamalika OR Vilambakala krithi by the trinity (with manodharma).
• Criteria remains the same for both - group and solo events.
• Shruthi Box with batteries is to be brought by the participant.
3. BHARATHANATYAM COMPETITIONS
Category A - Shloka OR any Invocatory Item
Category B - Any Jathiswaram OR Alaripoo (in any of the Jaathis) OR Koutvam.
Category C- Devarnama OR Thillana OR Bhajan OR Keethanama (Bhakti Bhava)
Category D- A Padam(Nayaka-Nayaki Bhava) OR Krithi OR Javalli
• For dance, Pen drives to be submitted to the reception desk, at least 10 mins before their scheduled slot. No CD’s will be accepted.
4. SHLOKA CHANTING COMPETITIONS
Category A - 8 lines of ANY Shloka
Category B- Any Ashtakam OR Hanuman Chalisa OR Bhaja Govindam (4 verses / 16 lines).
Category C - 10 stanzas from any chapter of the Bhagavad Gita OR 10 stanzas of Vishnu Sahasranamam OR 10 Stanzas Lalitha Sahasranamam
Category D – 20 Shlokas from any Sahasranamam OR any one complete chapter of the Bhagavad Gita.
5. HANDWRITING COMPETITIONS
The Passage/ Article for them to rewrite will be given at the venue.
6. DEBATE COMPETITIONS
Category A & B – Simple topics will be given on the spot. The candidate has to pick and speak.
Category C –Topics will be given one week prior to the competitions and there will be a rebuttal round.
Category D – Topic will be given one week prior to the competitions and there will be a rebuttal round.
7. SPELL BEE COMPETITIONS
Category A – 6 simple words
Category B – 10 words
Category C - 5 words and Find the correct sentence.
Category D – 10 words and find the correct sentence.
The contestant must upon receiving the word:
•Pronounce the word first before spelling it. This is to ensure that the student has heard the correct word.
• Look at the Conducting official when spelling the word.
•Spell the word orally. Contestants will not be allowed to write the word before spelling it.
•Speak clearly and loudly. The officials’ decision is final in determining the correctness of the spelling.
•The participant may ask for any pronunciation, meaning, or sentence to be repeated for clarification before spelling. If a participant takes undue advantage of this rule, he/she will be disqualified by the Conducting official.
•The Judges will have the responsibility for stopping the student if he/she fails to pronounce the word or if the student pronounces the word incorrectly.
•If the student still begins to spell without pronouncing the word, he/she will be disqualified from the contest. So please ensure you pronounce the word before spelling it.
•For the category C&D for finding the correct sentence they will get only 5 minutes in total to identify all the 10 sets of sentences given to them.
8. RANGOLI COMPETITIONS
• Each team must have only 2 persons.
• The materials have to be brought by the participants.
• Materials that can be used are – chalk, rice flour powder (kolam powder), color powder or colored sand. NO USING FLOWERS.
Get your creative minds ticking!
- For music and dance, both solo and group participation is encouraged.
- For GROUP events - Minimum 3, maximum 6 members in a group.
- No film music allowed.
- Time allowed for each category is as follows:
For Category A and B –Time limit is 03+1 minutes.
For Category C – Time limit is 07 minutes.
For Category D – time limit is 10 minutes.
- Time Limit is to be strictly adhered to.
- Judges decision will be final. No further discussion will be entertained.
- There will be participation certificates given to all, and prizes for the winners.
For further clarifications/queries -
Contact us on - 9972611088 / 9503818666
Write to us - [email protected]