Publish / Maintain / Marketing / Hosted By
Organization Name / Organize By
Both (Technical & Non Technical)
All (State/Province/Region, National & International)
Registration/Ticket Booking Address
Denver, Colorado, United States
Microsoft Excel has become the world's most popular spread sheet software that lets users perform multiple business tasks, like creating dashboards, charts, pivot tables, and much more.
This intensive 3-hour virtual boot camp is designed to help business professionals take advantage of the power of Pivot Tables and Power Pivot - two of Excel's most useful and powerful Business Intelligence and Data Analysis tools & learn about cool Excel lesser-known tips and tricks
Pivot Tables are one of the most powerful tools in Excel’s data analysis and Business Intelligence (BI) armory. With just a few clicks of the mouse (and no complicated formulas!) you can quickly and easily build reports and charts that summarize and analyze large amounts of raw data and help you spot trends and get answers to the important questions on which you base your key business decisions.Once you've got to grips with Pivot Tables, you'll definitely want to understand Power Pivot - a free addin to Excel which will take your Pivot Tables and data analysis skills to the next level.
- Learn various Excel tips with easy techniques, shortcuts, and accelerator tools.
- Work your way around Pivot Charts and Tables to analyze data quickly while adhering to source data pre-requisites.
- Take Business Intelligence and Data Analysis with Excel to a Whole New Level
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Learning how to create Pivot Tables is one of the must have skills for anyone who needs to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries. This training will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own Pivot Tables and reports.
- What is a Pivot Table – a few examples of Pivot Tables
- Creating a simple Pivot Table in 6 clicks
- Sum, count and percent – how to change what is displayed
- Making a Pivot Table report eye-catching and appealing
- Changing the layout of a Pivot Table
- Displaying the data in a Pivot Table in alphabetical or numerical order
- Using filters to display specific items in a Pivot Table
- Grouping the data by month, year or quarter in a Pivot Table
- Representing the Pivot Table data as a chart/graph
- Best practices for updating a Pivot Table when the source data changes
- Calculating month-on-month difference
- Calculating a running/cumulative total
- Using formulas to create additional calculated items
- Slicers – the new visual way to filter a Pivot Table
- GETPIVOTDATA – When to use and when to avoid
- Using Power Pivot to manage the Data Model
- Creating a Pivot Table from related Excel tables
- Creating a Pivot Table from related data sources (including external sources)
- An introduction to the DAX formula language (used to create calculated columns)
- Using Power Pivot with a single data source
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Financial consultants
- Medical Devices
- Human Resource
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- You should attend this training if you need to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries or if you simply want to learn how to create Pivot Tables to improve your knowledge of Excel.
- You don't have to be proficient in the use of Excel to attend. If you can create basic worksheets and can copy and paste and apply basic formatting to cells, you’ll be able to follow along.
- Although the training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows, most of the functionality demonstrated is available in earlier versions of Excel (2010 and 2013)
Get advanced Excel training that focuses on the power of pivot tables and its use in business intelligence and data analysis.