Publish / Maintain / Marketing / Hosted By
Organization Name / Organize By
Indepth Research Services
Training or Development Class Category
Both (Technical & Non Technical)
Training or Development Class Level
Kisumu, Nairobi, Kenya
Event: Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Kisumu, Kenya.
Event Date: 11th -15th September.
This five day course is aimed at strengthening participants’ knowledge and skills related to the use of software applications to investigate communicable disease outbreaks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is open to all researchers and health practitioners with interest in the application of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) within healthcare.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to;
- To create an electronic entry form from a paper questionnaire
- To enter merge, validate and clean data, manage datasets
- To create epidemic curves and work with dates and times in Epidata or Excel
- To map epidemiological data
- To calculate study power and sample size for various study designs
- To randomly select controls
- To carry out analysis for cohort and case-control studies, including stratified and multivariable analysis
- To produce a report of the outbreak study, interpreting results of the various analyses.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
How to participate
- Tailor makes your course.
- Register as individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
View related courses
- Mobile Phone Based Data Collection Using ODK..
- ICT for Disaster Response..
- Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals..
- M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes.
- Microsoft Excel for Agriculture Professionals..
The most popular courses
- Digital marketing (Email & Social Media) and Brand Online Visibility..
- Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations..
- Advanced Training on Fire Safety and Fighting Marshal..
- How to Influence Decision Makers to Take up Research..
- Proposal Preparation Using the Logical Framework Approach..
- Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process..
- GIS Analysis for WASH Programmes..
- Strategic Financial Management..
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.