Event: Rural Development course ...(29-01-2018 to 02-02-2018)- Register as an Individual/ Group- https://goo.gl/oB1JjL
Venue: Foscore Development Center, Nairobi, Kenya.
This training guide has been designed for use in introductory rural and microfinance training courses. While the fundamentals of development finance and approaches in microfinance apply to rural finance, there are particular issues and characteristics that must be understood and taken into account in order to address rural, and in particular agricultural, finance. Some knowledge of market development services would also be helpful.
· Explain and critically review current debates in rural development regarding rural livelihoods and the respective roles of markets, the state, institutions, property rights, agriculture and the rural non-farm economy.
· Critically evaluate past and existing attempts to supply rural services, such as infrastructure, finance, research and extension, health and education.
· Analyze critically alternative rural development policies in terms of their potential impact on rural poverty, equity and economic growth, taking account of different regional and geographical circumstances.
· Outline and evaluate different approaches to the management of land and water resources and their potential impact on rural development goals.
· Understand the special challenges of rural areas that are traditionally associated with rural and agricultural credit directed to the poor.
· Build a deeper understanding of the fundamental issues of rural finance.
· Have skills in conducting a rural and agricultural portfolio assessment and loan analysis – applying 5 C’s in rural finance.
· Be familiar with several innovative models and alternate ways of offering rural finance services.
· Gain skills in conducting seasonality analysis, preparing cash flows, assessing risk and appraising loans.
· Develop an understanding of new and innovative loan products and savings approaches for agriculture and rural areas.
· Gain awareness of sources and reference links to further information and support for addressing future challenges in the application of financial services in rural areas.
For further inquiries, please contact us on:
Tel: +254 712 260 031
Our Website: www.fdc-k.org