"Purchase ticket now to avail discount. Price is high on the spot."
History: This is one of the most interesting forts to visit as it still has its fortification and doorways in pristine condition. The fort dates back to the Satvahan Era and was mainly used to keep a watch on the trade route passing through the Sahyadris.As one starts ascending the fort, 4 massive doors have to be crossed namely Ganesh Darwaza, Narayan Darwaza, Hanuman Darwaza, &MahaDarwaza. The top of the fort is expansive and has a huge lake built by Nana Phadnis.The most interesting feature of this fort is the ‘VinchuKatta’, which stretches for almost 2 kms and is slightly detached from the fort. The end of this katta has a bastion which was used for keeping a watch on the region.
As the name itself suggest, the ‘VinchuKatta’ when viewed from the top of the fort resembles a Scorpions Sting.
How to reach:
1) You can directly come to campsite by your own transport. Once you are done with the payment we will be sharing a GPS location of the campsite.
2) If you are coming by local transport then:-
From Pune: you can catch Lonavla local and get down at Malavali station. There are private jeeps keep running from malavali station to Lohagadwadi which is base village. You need to get down at Viraj farms.
From Mumbai: You can come to Lonavala by any bus or train as there are many options. There are local trains to pune in every one hour. Please check the local time table online available. Catch the pune local from Lonavala and get down at Malavali station.There are private jeeps keep running from malavali station to Lohagadwadi which is base village. You need to get down at Viraj farms.
06:00 pm: Reach campsite by your own vehicle (Bike/Car). There are steep slopes before reaching base of Lohagad, so choose your vehicle accordingly.
06:15 pm: Welcome tea and snacks
07:00 pm: Settled down in your tents
07:30 pm: BBQ time (DIY)
09:00 pm: Dinner (Veg/Non-Veg) give your preference while booking
10:30 pm: Campfire, enjoy amazing night view of valley, have a nice sleep
07:00 am: Wakeup call
08:00 am: Morning tea & Breakfast
09:00 am: Trek to Lohagad (DIY)
11:30 am: Bye-bye with loads of memories and pictures.
● Dinner (Veg/Non-Veg) - Unlimited
● Breakfast & Tea
● Camping in dome Tents with bedding
● Expertise, first aid kit
● Safe & secure campground with washroom facility
● Any other personal expenses other than above & GST
●Guide for lohagd trek.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
● After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY:-
● Torch with extra batteries.
● Photo ID card.
● Good trekking or sport shoes.
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Jackets (photo accheaate hey)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (If required)
● Any personal medicine.